It’s official folks! Summer is nearly here! Time to dust off those barbecues and enjoy wearing the clothes that have been tucked at the bottom of our wardrobes for months. My exams are nearly over (just one more to go!) so I decided to go ahead and post this before the last of the studying kicks off in earnest.
- Can you find a book with a summery cover?
- This was quite tricky but in the end I went with Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. If the title isn’t enough to convince you then the bright blue cover should, plus it’s packed with all of the kinds of things summer is all about!
- Where would you like to spend your summer vacation?
- Definitely Camp Half-Blood! It’s a summer camp after all! But also, how can you not want to chill out on the beach with your friends and relax by the bonfire of an evening? It just seems as though it would have such a great atmosphere.
- What’s the best book to read lounging by the pool, working on your tan?
- For me this is without a doubt Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. Yes, another Morgan Matson book. What can I say, she’s the queen of cute contemporary books! This is a novel I’ll always go back to time and time again; it’s got such a relaxing feel to it!
- If you could pick any character as your summer fling, who would it be?
- I thought this one was going to be tricky, but after reading so many great books recently I think I’m going to go with Raffe from Angelfall. I’m not sure he’s my type long term, but since we’re only talking a holiday romance (and, lets be honest, he’s a literal angel who probably has great abs) I’m going to stick with him.
- What book wouldn’t you mind dripping ice cream on?
- Oh boy, there are a few that spring to mind. I’m going to have to go with Looking For Alaska by John Green. It really wasn’t my cup of tea at all. I certainly wouldn’t mourn if I had to sacrifice its pages in order to protect my shoes from getting splattered with ice cream.
- What book would you recommend to someone to pack in their suitcase?
- The 100 by Kass Morgan. This book is great if you want an injection of adventure into your summer holidays. It is the first (and, in my opinion, best) in the series and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a bit of excitement.
So, there we have it. As always, go ahead and leave your responses to the questions in the comments; I’d love to know what you think! Have a great summer guys!