So this month marked a pretty huge landmark… on March 17th I turned eighteen! I’m so excited I’ve literally been grinning nonstop! I’ve had such a great time celebrating with my friends and family, and between them they’ve given me vouchers and money to spend on reading material and a whole bunch of books to read, including…
- The Infernal Devices Trilogy – gifted to me by my parents, I hope to read these books over the summer. I’ve heard a lot of praise for this prequel trilogy so I’m hoping it lives up to the hype.
- Station Eleven – I read this book as soon as I got it and I LOVED IT! I will do a full review on this blog as soon as I have the chance, but lets just say that Shakespeare and a post-apocalyptic world shouldn’t work but it really really does.
- Labyrinth – I got this for cheap in a charity shop early in the month. I’ve seen the TV miniseries and I can’t wait to read the book as well.
- Geek Girl and Model Misfit – Two of the books given to me by my fabulous friends Bee and Maddie. These ones come with high praise and they also just happen to be set in the UK so I can’t wait!
- Geek Drama – a free World Book Day book which takes place in between the first two installments (above) in the series. How could I not?
- Legend – also from Bee and Maddie, it comes with a shining endorsement for the entire series which is exactly why…
- Prodigy – I had to go out and get the second in the series straight away! After all, I had a voucher to spend so why not continue on with the series? Plus the books are a reasonable length too so i should be able to sail through them once I set my mind to it.
- The Young Elites – by Marie Lu, author of the above series. The concept of the book intrigued me so I decided to pick it up.
- The Winner’s Crime – sequel to a book I got for Christmas; the cover is once again too beautiful to resist.
- Wicked – as a huge fan of the musical I’ve been interested to see what the book is like. All I know is that its more adult, so we will see what happens.
- Homecoming – third book in The Hundred series (trilogy?) of which I’m a fan, although my love of the show has somewhat eclipsed my love of the books. Look out for a review of this very soon.
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters – also the last in a series that I simply cannot wait to get stuck in to.
- To Kill a Mockingbird – finally, a classic to make myself feel more cultured after all of the YA!
Well my TBR list is certainly getting bigger and bigger. I’d better go and get reading!