Season’s greetings, I hope you’ve all had a very merry Christmas!
Hopefully you all enjoyed yourselves and received everything you put on your Christmas lists. This year I was extremely lucky when it came to the presents I had from friends and family (and Santa), and I really wanted to share my excitement with you! So here’s a compilation of the lovely books I now have in my possession…
- The Great British Bake Off Big Book of Baking – this book was a gift from my Dad and, while unexpected, was definitely what I needed to motivate me to find more time for baking again.
- Sherlock Chronicles – another unexpected present, but another really great one. The whole thing was really informative and as a fan of the show it was good fun to read.
- The World of Ice and Fire – OMG I’m so excited to read this book! The illustrations look amazing and I’ve heard some really positive things about the content too. I can’t wait! A huge thanks to my parents for picking this one up.
- Allegiant – I’ve been looking for this book with this particular cover for so long that I was positively ecstatic to unwrap it and find that I finally owned a copy.
- The Darkest Minds – this was the first of my presents from the girls Bee and Maddie over at Heart Full Of Books, and I’m very interested to read it and see what I make of it, especially after hearing some of their views.
- The Immortal Rules – this one had a very interesting concept, and after steering clear of vampires since Twilight I’m very much looking forward to delving back into the genre.
- Looking For Alaska – the last John Green book I currently have any interest in reading, and the one I’m the most skeptical about, since I’ve already read Paper Towns and rumour has it they are very similar.
- Under The Never Sky – a novel that I’ve been very keen to read for some time now, but not had the opportunity to get my hands on.
- Scarlet – thanks to the friend who bought me this one; its the perfect motivation to carry on with the series.
- Day 21 – this one I’ve already read on Kindle, but I’ve been dying to own a paperback copy, so this one was a Christmas gift to myself!
- The Winner’s Curse – lets be honest here, the cover is just plain stunning. Oh, and the plot sounds cool too, obviously.
- 1,411 QI Facts to Knock You Sideways – according to the family, this was a last minute, spur of the moment purchase, but I’m a sucker for pointless knowledge. Did you know that Gavisti, the Sandskrit word for ‘war’, literally translates as ‘desire for more cows’?
- My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories – not pictured above because I was reading it at the time, but a fantastic gift also from my fellow bloggers Bee and Maddie! Expect a review soon…
So, that’s that then. A massive thank you to everyone who ended up buying me a book this year; you’re the bestest!